Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Be faithful in the little things...

Matthew 25:14-30

Kingdom of heaven is like...

A man traveling to a far country calls his own servants and gives goods to them according to their abilities:

One man five talents - he trades with them and makes five more - The Lord called Him a good and faithful servant, he was faithful with little he will be made ruler over much: enter into the joy of your lord

One man two talents - he gained two more - The Lord called him a good and faithful servant, he was faithful with a little he would be ruler over much: enter into the joy of your lord.


One man - one talent - he dug a hole and hid it in the ground - was afraid - thought of his master as a hard man - hid it.  The master called him a wicked lazy slave - talent was taken from him and given to the one who had ten talents.  Cast out into the outer darkness where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth.  

Everyone who has more will be given them.  And they will have abundance. 
The one who does not have even what they have will be taken away.  

Application:  be faithful with what God gives you - the small things  are just as important as the big things.  Our goal is to hear Him say "well done good and faithful servant, enter into the joy of your Master!"  

That means do well with my moments as I feed my children and take them to school... Make the most of my time at the dentist, when I make food this afternoon do it with joy.  When I'm tired and having a hard time staying strong at putting my children to bed at night remember I get to, not I have to.  Be faithful in the little things... 


No comments:

Post a Comment