Monday, September 16, 2013

Faithful and wise vs the evil servant... Side by side comparison

Matthew 24:45-51

Faithful and wise servant: rules over his household and gives them food in due season.  

Evil servant:  beats his fellow servants eats and drinks with drunkards.

Faithful wise servant:  master will find him doing what he is suppose to be doing.

Evil servant: thinks his master is delaying his return and acts in a way that does what he wants...

The Master: will be coming on an unexpected day.  At an hour the servants are not aware of.  

The evil servant:  will be cut in two and appointed his portion with the hypocrites.  

Outcome: 

Good servant - will be made ruler over all his goods

Evil servant will be in a place with weeping and gnashing of teeth

How we spend our time is important to God.  Are we being good stewards of what He has given us, or are we frittering it away unfruitfully.  May I be faithful to pour into the work that You have given me well for Your glory:
Nick, Josiah, Ava, Mallory, Lena 
My neighborhood my writing 
May I shine Your love for them and may my words match up to my actions in how I treat and care for all of it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment