Sunday, September 1, 2013

Two greatest commandments

Matthew 22:34-40

When asked what is the greatest commands of all, Jesus answers:

#1 love The Lord your God with all your heart soul mind 

#2 love your neighbor as yourself

These two laws are the foundation of all the Law and the Prophets

So it's a very clear attitude to have in life...  

Ask myself in everything that I am doing, am I loving God, and is my action loving my neighbors.  If I'm not doing those things then that is my conviction that I need to change.  

Thinking about that with those closest to me that's what I need to think.  Is the choice I am making loving them?  Or is it full of the flesh?  

What is love really? 
It's patient and kind
And rejoices in truth.
It bears all things
It endures all things
It hopes all things.  
Love never fails

What love is not?
Is not envious, is not proud, is not rude, doesn't seek it's own, is not provoked, does not think of evil, it does not rejoice in sin

This is the measure I should hold myself to.  Not what please people and not what I want, but in each circumstance in front of me, ask myself
"Am i loving God?" And "am I being love?"  

No comments:

Post a Comment