Thursday, April 25, 2013

April 24th

Matthew 1:10-1
Hezekiah begot Manasseh
Manasseh begot Amon, and Amon begot Josiah
Josiah begot Jeconiah and his brothers about the time they were carried away to Babylon

Manasseh
12 years old
Reigned 55 years
Did evil in the sight of The Lord
Raised alters for Baal and did witchcraft and soothsaying, set up other alters for the gods in the house of The Lord

Amon
22 years
Reigned 2 years
Did evil like his fathers. His servants conspired against him and killed him in his own house

Josiah
8 years old
Reigned 31 years
Did what is right in the sight of The Lord, walked in the ways of his father David. Josiah dies in battle

Skips Jehoahaz and jehoiakim

Jeconiah
8 years old
Reigned 3 months and 10 days. Did evil in the sight of The Lord
King Nebuchadnezzar summoned him and took him to Babylon.

Application

It finally is happening. Judah too has fallen away and God is sending them to Babylon.

My goal from this in my parenting:
Work on getting a grip on my kids hearts
Pray for them
Teach them with grace and truth
Spend time with them
Tell them of your faithfulness
Teach them a healthy fear for you.

Sometimes I feel so much pressure to do things right, and I make mistakes... I want to take this moment to remind myself that that He is the one that can do the work in my family, and that I need Him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment