Thursday, April 25, 2013

April 25th

Matthew 1:12
And after they were brought to Babylon Jeconiah begot Shealtiel and Shealtiel begot Zerubbabel.

Shealtiel is the father of Zerubbabel.

The story is with Zerubbabel
(Ezra 3:2,3, 8, 5:2 Nehemiah 7:7, 12:1,47. Haggai 1 & 2. Zechariah 4:6-10)
A captive who returned to Jerusalem. God told him and others it was time to rebuild His temple. Governor of Judah.
Helped build an altar of God in Israel, to offer burnt offerings on, just as written in the law of Moses. Both in the morning and the evening. Kept the feast of tabernacles
Helped to work on and oversee the house of The Lord, with prophets helping him. His hands laid the temple foundation and his hands would finish it.
Not by night not by power but by His Spirit. Not to fear His covenant is true His Spirit remains.
He is The Lord's servant.
The Lord also put on their hearts to be registered by genealogy at that time.

Application

It's so cool to see the beauty begin to be rebuilt after all the loss. Key points.
Don't jump ahead of God. Do it when He says and not before or after.
Be The Lord's servant. Work with my hands as He leads.
Do what He purposes in my heart to do.
It's not by my might or by my power, but only by His Spirit.
Don't fear, His Spirit remains and his covenant is true.

Lord please rebuild your temple inside of me. Let me be Your hands to finish the foundation of what you started me to do: my children, my marriage to Nick, and don't stop writing of His faithfulness. In time when you have moments listen to Him and share. By Your Spirit alone. I am not going to accomplish anything by my might or power :).

No comments:

Post a Comment