Friday, April 26, 2013

Matthew 1:14-15

Matthew 1:14-15
Zerrubabbel begot Abiud, Abiud begot Eliakim, and Eliakim begot Azor.
Azor begot Zadok, Zadok begot Achim, and Achim begot Eliud.
Eliud begot Matthan, Matthan begot Jacob.

So pretty much after Zerrubabbel it's really hard to trace the genealogy in the Bible. But summary is this. 8 more generations are going to go by before we come to Jacob's son, who is listed as Joseph in the next verse.

I have loved reading through the stories of those listed in this genealogy. One cool moment, was yesterday I was sharing with Josiah what I have been studying and he knew exactly what I was talking about because he had been studying through the kings in his bible time at school. :).

Application: with not much to go off of, I'm praying that God will speak to me in this. Honestly, I think the important thing is what I do, how I respond in every day stuff matters to God as He uses all of us for the bigger picture. Also, the generations that waited for their King makes me think as we wait for His return to be patient, He is not slow about His promise, but patient not wanting anyone to perish but to come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9)

That includes you and me and my children, and maybe my children's children? God knows the plan.
So make each day count like it's a thousand years for The Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment