Monday, April 8, 2013

April 8th, 2013

Matthew 1:1-2a
Introduction to Matthew
Jesus Christ is the son of David and Son of Abraham.  

Start of his genealogy
Abraham had Isaac.  Abraham was married to Sarah and given a promise to be father of many children.  He did not see that promise fulfilled until old age when it seemed impossible to have a child.  Angels came to tell him and his wife laughed at them.  The next year Sarah gave birth to Isaac.  
Abraham was asked to sacrifice Isaac on the alter.  Abraham obeyed and God stopped him.  Isaac was whom God had chosen to continue Abraham's family.  
Abraham sent his servant away to find a wife for Isaac.  His servant asked God to show him at the well.  God brought rebekah to him and he knew he was to be Isaac's wife.  Rebekah left her family and came to be wife to Isaac.  

Personal application:  God used many people together to bring about His big plan.  People who are sinners and don't always do the best trusting, but whose heart does love God and wants to follow Him.  
He also used infertility to teach people how to trust Him and live surrendered lives to Him.  This is a lesson I know very well

Something God spoke to me yesterday. Don't underestimate the power of His story in my life.  Don't underestimate the power of the gospel's story.  

Help me listen to you today and share what you would have me share with those around me, not underestimating Your work in my life.  Help me see Your big picture and not get so wrapped up in my own little story.  
I love you Lord :)

No comments:

Post a Comment