Sunday, May 5, 2013

Matthew 3:13-17

Matthew 3:13-17

Jesus comes to John to be baptized
Where: at the Jordan
John's response: you should be baptizing me, Why are you coming to me?
Jesus Answer: to fulfill all righteousness
John's response, he allowed Jesus to be baptized by him

What happened: Jesus came out of the water. The heavens were open to Him. The Spirit of God descended like a dove and alighted on Him.
A voice from heaven came down and said:"this is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased"

Jesus wasn't coming like the others who came to repent and confess their sins. He came to fulfill all righteousness.
God the Father's response to this. He calls Jesus His beloved and that He was well pleased.
And His Spirit descended upon Him.

Application:

To be like Jesus
Simple. Look to fulfill all righteousness-look to do what is right
It's important for me to confess and repent of my sins.

What are right things to do in my life currently?
Love my husband with Your love
Love my children with Your kindness That leads to repentance
Make sure to pray about the things He lays on my heart.
If there is anything that doesn't further God's kingdom in my life, get rid of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment