Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Matthew 7:7-12

Matthew 7:7-12

Ask
Seek
Knock

I think that is funny that it is an acronym in the English language.  
God wants us to ask.  
He promises to those who ask that they will receive
He promises those who seek will find
And the one who knocks the door will be open.

If our kids ask for bread or fish we won't give them a stone or a snake.  We will give them as parents what is best for them.  
Just like our Heavenly Father.  He is in heaven.  He wants to give good to those who ask Him.  

Not only that but once again the outward focus.  What I want done to myself do to other men.  

The law and the prophets:  do unto others as you would have them do to you.  

Application:  give good gifts to my children.  I need to ask God for the ability to do that even when it is beyond difficult sometimes.  

What am I seeking knocking and asking for ?  And do I trust that my Father knows better than me to give me exactly what I need?  Even if its not what I planned?  

Conclusion: a.s.k.

No comments:

Post a Comment