Thursday, May 9, 2013

Matthew 4:18-22

Matthew 4:18-22

Jesus calls four fishermen 

Two sets of brothers:  

Simon called Peter, and Andrew

James and John the sons of Zebedee 

What they had experience in:  casting nets into the sea, mending their nets, being on boats 

Jesus called them and they immediately left what they were doing and followed Him.  

Simon was married (mark1:30)
Andrew was consistent... He isn't known for huge things but he was always present.  Those people have great importance.  

I think what stands out to me most is to live in such a way that when Jesus says come, they put down what they were doing and came immediately.  I tend to be a bargainer with God... I am coming God, let me just check these things off the list.  That's not the example these men set.  

I think that is the application...  To work at learning complete
surrender to Jesus in day to day life...  For example if He says go play a game with your son instead of laying in the sun to rest for a few minutes, do it.  Period...  
Or if He says Josiah will be just fine, you rest with me as you lay in the sub and talk to me.  Obey

Application also a reminder to teach my children to come the first time, to learn to listen to our voices as parents and follow, so that when they get older they can hopefully transfer that over to listening to God

No comments:

Post a Comment