Monday, May 6, 2013

Matthew 4:1-2

Matthew 4:1- 2

Who led Jesus into the wilderness? The Spirit
Purpose? To be tempted by satan
What Jesus did when He was there?
Fasted 40 days and 40 nights
After that He was hungry

Application

The Spirit is the one that took Jesus in the wilderness. Jesus had to live in utter dependence on the Spirit as He fasted for that time period.
But that's what is cool and amazing about Jesus. When He is in a really hard spot, He relies on the Spirit not good to sustain Him. And during this time, He is being prepared and equipped for the ministry He has laid out before Him.

It's an area I know I have plenty of room to grow in. When I'm in the wilderness times it's an opportunity to draw closer to the Spirit and rely on Him.

Be ready for the ministry He has for me each day :). And the ministries He is preparing to equip me for in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment