Thursday, May 23, 2013

Matthew 6:19-21

Matthew 6:19-21

A passage I know well and have had to practice this evening.  

Store up treasure in heaven and not on earth.  

Treasure on earth:  moths and rust destroy, thieves break in and steal, 

Or in my case, kids will knock over doll houses in walls and put dents in the walls and break things,  where almost all of my furniture is marked with pen scribble, where toothpaste is smeared on patches of my carpet and on the cabinets and walls, where food is guaranteed to fall on the ground instead of eaten over plates, cats are going to barf on carpet or miss the litter box with their poop, where little girls will break porcelain dolls and little boys will leave Legos all over the floor to be stepped on, where blenders break and new dresses get torn...

Those are treasures on earth.  

My treasures for heaven: Josiah Ava Lena Mallory.  
If only I could have responded with more grace.  But I was definitely ranting mom, giving a lot of lectures today.  Funny how this passage falls on a day like today.  
 
Application:  remember to keep things in heavenly perspective when things don't work out or get messed up in my home.  
Keep my treasure on Jesus, that my heart may be found there also.  
I don't want my kids to remember me as a nit picky lady that wanted her house always kept clean.  I want to be remembered as a woman who loved Jesus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment