Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Matthew 4:12-17

Matthew 4:12-17

John is put in prison

Jesus hears the news and leaves Nazareth. He heads to Galilee, and dwells in Capernaum in the regions of Zebulun and Naphtali

Where He stays fulfills a prophesy spoken by Isaiah

The prophesy says that these people there who sat in darkness have seen a great light.
It says that those who sat upon that region and shadow of death light has dawned.

Beautiful beautiful hope! That is what my heart cries when I read that.
Jesus brings light into darkness and light into death and hope for me! He has done that personally in my life when I have struggled with depression and met me time and time again there shining His light and truth into the darkness. I am so grateful for that!

And it ends with Jesus message: repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand

Application:
I am His. His light (read John 1)
light is filled with life
He is the light of men. It shines in darkness
Darkness does not comprehend it.

His light is in me (matthew 5:14-16). It's my job to let His light shine.

Pure plain and simple.

Lord let my light shine for Jesus today and every day. May Your Spirit shine through me and may He use me to touch those That need Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment