Thursday, May 30, 2013

Matthew 7:15-20

Matthew 7:15-20

Fruits & false prophets

Trees that bear good fruits vs trees that bear bad fruits.  Bad trees cannot bear good fruit, vice versa good trees cannot bear bad fruit.  

The bad trees:  they are false prophets, covering themselves in sheep clothes hiding their true character of ravenous wolves.  

Ravenous:  extremely hungry, famished, voracious 

We are warned to be watchful of them.  

Trees that don't bear good fruit is to be cut down and thrown into the fire.  

Thistles and thornbushes don't produce figs or grapes.  


Application:  

Prayer for the fruit I'm producing.  Is it tasty and satisfying or is it killing those under me?  Lord please help me produce good fruit and prune all the not so great branches off of me.  
I pray I can be raising up beautiful fruit trees for You.  





No comments:

Post a Comment