Sunday, May 12, 2013

Matthew 5:13-16

Matthew 5:13 - 16

I am the salt of the earth

Don't lose my flavor.  Be seasoned.
If I lose my flavor I am not good for anything and I might as well be thrown out and trampled under foot by men.


I am the light of the world

Don't be hidden.  Don't put my lit lamp under a basket.  Put my light on a lamp stand.   Then I can give light to all who are in my house.  Shine my light before men that men can see my good works and glorify my Father in heaven.  

In my home be the light to my family.  Don't put it where no one can see it.  
Glorify my Dad in heaven with any good that I do.  

I like salt.  It makes things taste
Good, but it has to be seasoned properly and not be too overpowering or else it ruins the food.  Think about how much salt to use in all situations.  It's hard to fix something with too much salt but if you don't season enough you can always add more :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment