Monday, June 24, 2013

Matthew 10:40-42

Matthew 10:40-42

Father receives Jesus = you receive Jesus the Father receives you. 

Fundamental truth.  You need Jesus to obtain the Father.  

Receive:  to take hold of grasp a verb.  

Receive the prophet.  Receive the righteous man.  

Give little ones a cup of cold water in the name of a disciple will by no means lose his reward.

Hebrews 6:9-12

God doesn't forget our labor of love.  Show it in His name. 
How:  with diligence, minister to the saints, work and labor.  Show the same diligence.  Don't become sluggish, imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.  

Application

Lord help me not become sluggish or lose heart in giving my children cups of cold water.  It's not just a labor, it's a labor of LOVE.  

I need Your love to show them that.  May Your Spirit be present in me and shine You through to them.  I want them to know You!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment