Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Matthew 11:7-11

Matthew 11:7-11

John the Baptist

People did not come to reeds shaken by the wind in the wilderness
People did not come to see a man clothed in soft garments

They came out to see a prophet.  
John's job:  was to be a messenger from God. He was to prepare the way for Jesus.  

There was no prophet greater born as a prophet than John the Baptist.  

Application:  
John had a job to do and it was to represent God to the world.  It wasn't about him.  It was for the furthering of the kingdom of God.  It was sacrificial.  To have said things that landed him in prison, He spoke truth.  He spoke what He was told to by God.  

God asks that of us too.  We are to be doing our job to further the kingdom of God wherever He has it whatever Hr puts in front of us.  To be His messengers.  And the best message we get to share is the work He did and is continuing to do in my life.  For me that is where sharing my testimony is my opportunity to share what God has done in my life.  
Even to my children, yes stories from the Bible is important to tell them.  But also share lessons I learned as I grew up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment