Monday, June 17, 2013

Matthew 10:5-15

Matthew 10:5-15

Disciples assignment: go to The Lost sheep of the house of Israel.  
Heal the sick, cleanse lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons, share what you have freely received.  

These are God's chosen people that the disciples are being sent to minister to.  
He instructs for those who receive it for peace to come upon it (to bless it with peace). But for those who do not hear the word or receive the word when departing to have the peace return to them (take back the blessing). To leave it and shake off their feet and leave.

And the warning for those who didn't listen is that it is more tolerable in the land of Sodom and Gomorrah than in the land that did not accept their word. 

Okay wow.  That is some pretty intense leading.  And it spoke personally to me today so what I am writing is personal application that I am still sorting through and need to pray more about.  

I have people in my life that have heard the Word, heard the truth, and turned away from it.  They were born into a family that loved Jesus and then they turned away from it, or made Him to fit what they want to believe as truth, make Him fit to them instead of come under submission to Him and His Word and His leadership and His Spirit.  

That is a lot like the chosen Israelites.  They heard the stories and so many of them chose not to listen and follow.  

Last night I had begun praying a prayer for a few of these people in my life, that God would bless them.  And I had to stop and take back the blessing and instead pray for them to turn back to Him.  It hurt having to change that and I wasn't sure if it was right but Nick confirmed that it was right and okay.  It makes me sad because I want them to be blessed, but I want them to love and follow Jesus more.  Reading this confirmed it was the right choice, even if it wasn't easy.  I think the hardest part for me is to shake off my feet and leave.  I want so badly these people to want to follow Him, and to see them healed and cleansed and to see them brought back to life in Christ, and to see any demonic influence in them or around them to be cast out.  
But they have to want it too.  I can't make them choose that.  And I can't pray for blessing either.  

I think the saddest part is that the judgment that can come on them :(. That breaks my heart more than anything.  

Lord please show me who I can bring your healing life and freedom to and bring me those that are longing and willing...  And be with those that aren't, please set them free.  

No comments:

Post a Comment