Saturday, June 8, 2013

Matthew 8:28-34

Matthew 8:28-34

Demons in two men

They were exceedingly fierce
Not allowing anyone to pass a certain way.

And yet they feared Jesus.  

They asked Jesus if He was going to torment them.  They recognize Jesus could cast them out.  They begged to be sent into a herd of swine.  

Jesus had the power.  He is powerful over the demons.  

Visibly the demons left the men and went into the swine.  And they killed the swine violently.  

Demons do have power.  They are nothing to mess with.  But in Jesus name there is nothing to fear.  And we have His Holy Spirit living in us so we have His power in us.  

I once had a demon possessed girl ask me if I was afraid of her.  And as a shudder went through my body as the words were spoken to me, out of my mouth came bold words that were straight from His Spirit.  "No because Jesus is stronger than you."  
And I rest on that because Jesus is stronger.  At His name every knee shall now and tongue confess that He is Lord.  

No comments:

Post a Comment