Friday, July 12, 2013

Matthew 13:18-23

Matthew 13:18-23

Parable of the sower explained:

Birds eat the seeds:  when someone hears the Word but does not understand it - the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in the heart

Stony places: hears the Word and receives it with joy, but has no root inside - when persecutions and tribulations come they immediately stumble 

Thorns: hears the Word, cares of the world and deceitfulness of riches choke the Word - result is unfruitfulness

Good ground: hears the Word and understands it - bears fruit and produces hundredfull sixty full thirty full

Applications:  

I need to strengthen my root.  Get it deep in the good soil so I can begone producing well again.  And I need to come from these tribulations of last year and arise and rejoice and not keep stumbling from the hurts and be ready to be available to grow from it and use it for His glory.  And from being very blessed I need to make sure my focus does not revolve around riches, but on Jesus.  And asking of Him what He wants me to do with today :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment