Saturday, July 20, 2013

Matthew 13:53-58

Matthew 13:53-58

Jesus comes down to His own territory to teach in their synagogues.  

People there knew him as the son of a carpenter and the son of Mary and the brother of James Joses Simon and Judas and his sisters.  

They questioned where He got these things and were offended at Him.  

Jesus states a prophet has no honor in his own country.  

Because of their unbelief He did not do many mighty works.

Application:  beware of becoming cold or unfamiliar with Jesus or too comfortable that you would start to have doubts of His work.  
I have been struggling with this lately.  It is hard to pray for things for a long period of time, and not see answers.  But two things I have to remind myself.   
God does not run on my time.  And I cannot change people.  
I think lately I have been having a lack of desire to want to pray.  And that is not a good place to be.  I don't want to miss out on His mighty works or even just taking a moment to lift up His mighty works to be done, because of being apathetic.   

Lord I need some major healing in my life.  You know the areas I am weak in right now, and how drained and empty I am.  I ask that in these coming weeks Your cup may begin to refill into my soul that I may start to find Your life again, and be able to pour back into the lives of those I love most. 
Please take my dry bones and breath Your life in me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment