Thursday, July 18, 2013

Matthew 13:44-45

Matthew 13:44 & 45

Kingdom of heaven is like...

Treasure hidden in a field which a man found and hid - the man sells all has and buys that field

A merchant seeking beautiful pearls.  When he finds one of great price sells all that he has to buy it 

Two different interpretations:  

1. That we are the ones searching and when we found Jesus we sold all we have for Him

2. That Jesus is the one searching for us that He gives up all He has for us when He finds us, that we are valuable to Him and He buys us with a price.  

If it was to follow the second interpretation it reminds me similarly of the story of the shepherd looking for His lost lamb.  



Application: 

I think it can go both ways for me.  Each of us are so valuable.  Jesus bought us with a price.  We are considered to be great treasure and like costly pears to Him.  On the flip side, the closer we walk with Jesus the more we want to imitate and follow Him.  We know how selfless He was and We want to be like that too.  
But, I cannot do this on my own, in my own strength.  Only by the power of His Spirit in me can I accomplish this.  

Lord please help me be able to know how to find the time to be refreshed in You that I can do what You have called me to do,  with Your love.  

Please.  

No comments:

Post a Comment