Friday, July 19, 2013

Matthew 13:47-52

Matthew 13:47-52

Kingdom of heaven is like... A dragnet cast into the sea.  It picked up some of everything.  When it was filled they took it to shore and gathered the good into the vessel.  They threw the bad away.  

The Angels are going to come and separate out the wicked from among the just.  
Wicked will be cast into the furnace of fire.  There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.  

Jesus asks His disciples if they understand.  
He tells them every teacher that is taught about the kingdom of heaven is like a householder bringing out treasures old and new things.   

Application: 

Seek to understand the truth He teaches.  Be available to share it with others.  Understanding both the old and New Testament are very important pieces of understanding my Savior whom I believe in.   Recognize the treasures in the old and the new.  
My past is preparing me and creating me for the new things God is doing in my life.  There are treasures to be found in the old and the new in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment