Friday, August 9, 2013

Matthew 18:10-14

Matthew 18:10-14

Don't despise one of these little ones.  
Their angels always see the face of the Father in heaven. 

Jesus came to seek and save the lost

A man with 100 sheep if he loses one will leave the other 99 to go find it. 

He wants the lost one.  

It's not the will of the Father that one of these little ones should perish.  

I have such a heavy responsibility as a mom.  Jesus wants my children.  He doesn't want to lose a single one.  I don't want to lose a single one either.  Probably from the experience of losing close family that are not walking with Jesus right now, my biggest fear for each of my children is that they would walk away and not desire to follow Jesus.  I shouldn't be afraid, but that honestly is something I struggle with.  It's such a battle. 

What I love though, is reading that it's not God's will that any of my littles would fall away and perish.  He wants them too.  And reading each of them have an angel that sees the Father's face in heaven.  That is comforting to.  Because as my children get older I will need to fight for them the way a shepherd would fight for all his lambs to watch over and bring them back when they get lost.  But Jesus also fights for them.  So one of the best tools I have is prayer.  I am so strongly convicted that He wants me fighting the fight with prayer and maybe even fasting sometime.  

Ugh this life is rough...  I cannot wait for the day when Jesus redeems the heavens and earth and makes it right.  Praying for help to show my children His true love for each of them, as they grow up in this fallen world with an enemy that wants to take them away.  Please Lord I fight for truth in their lives.  May they see truth and stand on it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment