Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Matthew 21:28-32

Matthew 21:28-32

Jesus is still talking to the Chief priests and Pharisees. 

A man has two son:

One hears the will of the father and says no, but then regrets it and changes his mind and does it.  

Another hears the will of his father, says he will do it, but he does not.  

Which one did the father's will?  

The answer is the first one.  

John came in the way of righteousness and the scribes and Pharisees did not believe him.  Then tax collectors and harlots believed him, and even then when they saw it, they still did not afterward relent and believe.  


Application
Am I doing God's will?  Or am I giving lip service saying I want to do this or that and praising His name on Sunday but when I go home am I living that out?  Am I believing and acting on in faith what He told me to do, or is it just for face.  
Seriously worth considering our hearts in this and asking God if we are doing what He leads us to do?  Surrender is a hard thing.  Letting go of pride and securities to trust Him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment