Thursday, August 8, 2013

Matthew 18:6-9

Matthew 18:6-9

Whoever causes a little one to sin

It's better if they were to have a millstone hung around their neck and drown in the depths of the sea

In the world there are offenses
Wow to the one that brings them into the world

Cut off the hand and foot that causes you to sin

It's better if you are maimed and follow Jesus than be cast into the eternal fire

If your eye causes you to sin pluck it out

Better to follow Jesus than to have two eyes and walk into hell fire

Truth:  we are to flee ourselves from win and the things that cause us to stumble

Truth: I have a responsibility to my children to not do things to cause my children to stumble... Oh how this convicting verse can weigh heavily on my heart

I once knew a boy in my high school youth group.  He was into trouble and seemed to always be one o the ones in the back that got into trouble.  His mom, a single mom, consistently brought him to church.  One day he came down with a brain tumor and has to have surgery.  After the surgery he was never fully the same in mental capability.  But his life changed after that.  And I saw him walk with Jesus.  And I know that when he died as an adult over a decade later, that He walked into Jesus's arms.  
That was drastic, and the world
Probably would see it as a tragedy, but I saw it as the thing that caused him to lose his life in this world being the very thing that brought him to eternity with Jesus.  



No comments:

Post a Comment